Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, October 02, 2024

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY and WORDLESS WEDNESDAY...10-02-2024

For Wordless Wednesday

 MY BACKYARD by Granny Annie

I stood in the back of my property scratching my FORHEAD for several MINUTES.  The water was a PEBBLE GREY but still beautiful and relaxing. How did we make such a wonderful purchase on Grand Lake?  

My housekeeping out of the way, this beautiful scene found me in a HURRY.  PANTING and RUNNING I headed for my  backyard to gaze at the the wonderful lake. It was my greatest enjoyment viewing the water daily.  All of a sudden, remembering our children's play starting soon in town, it called for my brain to snap in place.

There was the sound of a TRAIN passing .  If the traveling mile long fortress of containers stopped for as much as 20 minutes it would block all three crossings.  A SWEAT began to rise.  Thinking about the program and the SEATs they SAVED for us, we ran to try and CATCH a way to get across before it was blocked.

Please feel free to finish my story in the comments and I will post your additions. There just wasn't enough time...


 

 The prompts will be on EC again this month and are provided by  Sean Jeating. This week's prompts are:

  • catch
  • hurry, 
  • panting, 
  • running, 
  • train
  •  
  •  and/or
  •  
  • forehead, 
  • minutes, 
  • saved, 
  • seats, 
  • sweat

Charlotte (MotherOwl)  has given us Pebble Grey as the colour of the month.  If you can also incorporate it into your stories she (and I) will be grateful.

Have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com