Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, August 18, 2024

SUNDAY TALKING...08-18-2024

 IT'S AUGUST!!!

We thought it was a hot July but as usual, August whips July.  Oh my how we pray for 87, 88 or 89 but instead we get 97, 98, 100 +++ and those temps don't even include the heat indexes.   It was my plan to be out early to take care of the chickens and to spray all their poop off the barn patio.  Instead I overslept and ...well you know the rest of the story.  Perhaps it will be cool enough in late evening to do my outdoor chores.  

We have had our usual Oklahoma storms and you would think all that rain and flooding would cool the place down, but no such luck.  Even after a hail storm, the day goes right back to muggy heat. Part of my chores involve going out and hauling off fallen tree limbs.  

It is heaven to come back inside after working outside.  The cool air conditioning feels like a dream.  It takes more than a moment to evaporate the sweat. Then I think about my youth without AC.  Visits to my grandparents found us crowded in front of their window water cooler then we drove home with all the car windows open. We didn't even know such a thing as air conditioning existed so we didn't miss it.

6 comments:

  1. We are lucky to have air conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air conditioning really is God's gift in hot weather, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your hot weather eases. And soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care for heat or cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember growing up in Oklahoma, my Mom didn't make me come inside from playing until it was 105 degrees. We had A/C, but how did I tolerate being outside when it was that hot? As an elderling now, I don't like it at all and stay inside. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my airconditioning and wonder how I ever survived without it, then I remember entire days spent at the beach in and out of the water from dawn to sunset.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com