Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, August 04, 2024

SUNDAY TALKING...08-04-2024

 STAY INSIDE!

I have been battling bugs of all kinds.  Now that chickens are back on NOL-NOC Estates my requirement to be outside has grown a lot. Yesterday battling the heat, there was work to do in the garden.  Something stung me.  The bite is that of a bee or a wasp.  The best bet would be a wasp since they keep refilling a nest that has been sprayed a million times yet they continue to inhabit it. However the effects of the bite seemed to mimic that of a bee sting. I went to bed shaky with a tingly feeling going up and down my leg. My stomach was upset but only slight nausea. This morning it is the same.  My kids came by and think it is a spider bite. Of course it is the weekend and no medical contacts available.


2024 unknown sting or bite.


5 comments:

  1. Hope the bite/sting is better today.
    Here the mosquitos are what's driving me nuts,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that bite/sting settles quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to take that bite to a doc when one's available. The symptoms don't sound too lovely. I've heard subsequent bites or stings can cause a stronger reaction. Might want to get a pro to remove the nest? I've used those paper fake wasp nest deflectors to keep wasps away. They really work cuz the wasp looks at it and thinks there's already a nest in this "territory." Be careful! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Drum Major said about the fake wasp nests, they really work. Crumple a large brown paper bag, then open it and fill it with other crumpled bags to resemble a nest, hang it near the other nest once the wasps have gone for the season. When they come back they will see that another family of wasps has moved in and won't come back to their hive. You could remove the original hive while hanging the fake one.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com