Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY...07-31-2024

  Charlotte (MotherOwl) is providing the prompts on her blog. 

Alphabet
Bookends
Careful
Devoted
Gland
Elegy

     and/or
Fabulous
Island
Legend
Mirror
Yak
Violent

Happy Birthday to my older sister.  She is 81 years old today.  Ellie is my best friend, my teacher, my protector.  At one time persons thought we were twins.  They called us bookends.  She helped me learn the alphabet.  Ellie taught me to be careful with any hi-jinks and never told our parents on me.  She was devoted to me from the day my parents brought me home from the hospital. 

I thought myself a poet and often wrote many an elegy that made everyone laugh.  The rhymes were very morose and instead of making people cry they did not affect their tear glands in the least. Ellie tried to explain my intent but even she  could not stop laughing.

We took a fabulous trip one year and went to China.  It was a thrill to be there together.  We even took rides on a tame Yak.  Still the Chinese did not care for our idea of fun and dumped us in the Red Sea to swim for an island. It became a legend in the land when we were found and appeared to be in good health.  We did not agree when we looked into a mirror.  Both our faces were pale ivory. Still nothing violent had happened to  us except for being dumped in the sea.

Happy Birthday Ellie.  Love you and thank you for all your protection in my life..


10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sister! I was just passing through and enjoyed your words-for-wednesday story. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure and what an amazing sister. Happy Birthday to her! Really enjoyed reading your short story.
    Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving a comment.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your sister many happy returns of the day, and more adventures (but not a dunking in the sea, something a little less fraught with peril).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dumped in the sea?? I'm so glad you were both found safe and well. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grannie Annie - loved this letter to your sister ... happy birthday sister ...and what fun the two of you must have had. Clever use of the words - cheers and thanks for making me smile - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthtday to your sister and thanks for writing this story, it was a fun, scary and entertaining read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This s truly beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your use of glands - I hadn't even thought of tear glands. Being dumped in the sea and left to find your way to land is a terrible thing but I think if it would happen to me, I would like someone like Ellie with me. Good use of the WFW prompts.

    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sisters are the best aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com