Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, June 30, 2024

SUNDAY TALKING...06-30-2024

Yes, I am back in the chicken business.  Well more the egg business.  

I was excited the other day to find this Fairy Egg in the nest. I had always heard they were lucky but that was before I had Google. Now I learn that they can mean a lack of calcium in the chicken's diet. I have immediately added oyster shell to their diet. But the little eggs are cute anyway. Here is another google explanation: "Many cultures from northern lands considered the fairy eggs lucky and turned them into jewelry, binding them in silver or tin. In other places they were gathered and worn as protection from the evil eye, or used as folk medicine for diarrhea and dysentery and to cure sick cows."


 


8 comments:

  1. Never heard of fairy eggs. But the bigger one next to it seems too big! Have fun! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one next to it is probably a double-yolker.

      Delete
  2. Loving the fairy egg...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of "fairy eggs" before! Thanks for the explanation and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how real eggs come out all different sizes. This is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairy eggs are new to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joy to find one in the nests! I'll have to remember to ask my friends with chickens if they've ever heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a fairy egg. I feel sorry for the chook that laid the extra large one.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com