Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, May 05, 2024

SUNDAY TALKING ...05-05-2023

 Today is Cinco de Mayo.  Not anything I usually celebrate but I have found my recipe for Taco Soup, so I will attempt to make that plus some chips for a celebration. This was a funny from Rob and Monica I had to share.


 

Yes, I am back in the chicken farming business.  Bought fifteen and lost three the first week.  Yesterday we added back another 3 thinking that would be a good thing.  Doesn't turn out it was a good thing.  The 12 adjusted girls are trying to kill the three new one. First I tried to add a rooster and had to give him up.  He was just too mean.  Now I fear I will find these new three hens dead today. Also a coyote came prowling around last night and I believe he is plotting a return with some comrades.


5 comments:

  1. Oh no. Sounds like a lot. I have heard they can be a handful. Hope it sorts out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope your chickens settle - and that the coyote finds easier pickings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with those chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you keep them inside the house the coyotes can't get them. They'll lay eggs in the kitchen and you won't have to go outside in the cold or heat to collect "breakfast" Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best with the chickens.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com