Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, December 10, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

 I have a precious goddaughter who lives and works in LA.  You may remember my visit to see her a few years ago.  Anyway, she has made my Christmas shopping for her exciting.  She knows the cash amount I usually send.  She then converts that to purchases she would love to have. She emails me the link and all that's left to do is click "buy it now".  Her taste is excellent and her choices inspire me to think about getting the same things for me.  Plus it gives me insight into her life choices. If her friends compliment her on these items in her home she can say "my godmother gave them to me.

Cash gifts were what my parents always gave.  I now do the same.  My children look forward to the money as do the grandchildren. It would be fun if they did the same as my God-daughter and make me able to have insight into their lives.


5 comments:

  1. We give cash or gift cards now too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash/gift cards feel impersonal to me. I really like your goddaughter's approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give my kids cash, but this approach would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We give our adult kids a combo of cash and items they want/need

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm leaning to cash or gift cards for my kids.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com