Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, December 03, 2023

SUNDAY TAKING...

 Thursday my new friend took me for a ride in the rain. My housekeeper was working at the house and I like to get out of her way.  

We went to Walmart and he had to make two small purchases.  It took him quite a while to decide which item to buy as he calculated and re-calculated which was the best bargain. He ended up saving a dollar on the two.  I would have been long gone by then.

Next we went to Braums and he got us black and white twist yogurts.  I accidentally punched a hole in my cone and had to hold the rest together with napkins. Still it left a trail over our table. It was a good thing we didn't get these in the drive up.

Our last stop was to buy power ball tickets.  It was amazing to me that this person would waste $2 after pinching his money so tightly in the grocery store.  He was sure it would work out when he won the mega millions. I gave him $2 to to get me one also.

4 comments:

  1. Fun date, if the penny pinching doesn't bother you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy lottery tickets. Himself does. I hope you enjoyed your day with your new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lottery tickets are great if you see them as entertainment money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dithering over whether or not to save a dollar seems odd but maybe he needed that dollar to buy the lottery ticket? I try to factor the cost of lottery tickets into my budget, but always buy the necessities first and if I don't have enough left for the lottery too bad.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com