Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, November 05, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

 JUST STUFF...

This week my daughter and I are driving to Texas.   After the first five hours, she will drop me off at the home of my college roommate from1964.  Then my daughter will move on another 19 miles to visit a former college friend of hers. Meanwhile my son-in-law will move over here with his dogs to sit my Frankie and take care of stuff at my house.

Remember the fellow I mentioned a few weeks ago that seem interested in me?  Well we have since gone on two dates.  It is okay but not a lifetime adventure.  He is a gentleman and very complimentary of me but I don't see this going anywhere.  As if there is a future for two oldies who still hold tight to memories of previous spouses?

My bank books have become terribly out of balance.  Here I am a former banker who insisted my children always keep good records. Now they were here last weekend to help me clean up my books.  It is the biggest embarrassment of my life to have made some mistakes in bookkeeping. 

It is time to adjust to another time change.  All my clocks were moved back an hour last night. Our weather is warmer for a while after freezing temperatures last week.  Meanwhile the grass has turned brown and this should be the last of the mowing.  Of course this could also be the time of snow and dangerous walking and/or driving...


10 comments:

  1. I do all my banking on the internet and all (most) of my bills come via email...so have not had a problem with stuff as you have had. That can be frightening and I am sure your children are going to be more helpful! Lovely that you took take a trip and visit an old friend. I am married (although my spouse is slowly leaving me via dementia) and I cannot imagine wanting to adjust to another soul. I do admire those that take the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stuff. Some good, some less so. Enjoy your trip to see friends. A new friend is always welcome - even if it doesn't go any further.
    The time change (in either direction) always does my head and body in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Texas! Good for you dating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never was good at keeping financial records straight. I religiously file things but rarely even look at them anymore. I look at my bank statement online and trust that the bank keeps better track than I do. Fortunately for me I do have people who look out for me and my money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Numbers and money were never my forte. It's a good thing my husband enjoys it. And even better, my daughter works with a financial group.

    I think it's awesome that you're able to go out and enjoy a date. It doesn't have to be a forever thing. Just having a social life is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books out of balance? Tsk Tsk.
    With all the new rules and regulations in Texas I'd be hoping to get out again after your visits are over. They might try to keep you there. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels, Annie. I'm glad you have a friend to visit-- the trip will do you good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoy the visit! Old friends are the best...
    Oh well...he might just want to keep company. Sometimes we get lonely.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a fun trip. Connecting with old friends always brings a flood of memories. Bob is scrupulous with our financial records. I'd have a wakeup call if I had to be in charge. I personally can't imagine dating, maybe because we've been married 57 years. I hope you can enjoy the companionship as friends, who cares if it leads anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure your children feel blessed to be able to help you, as you helped them when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com