Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, May 07, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

Yesterday was the 77th Birthday remembrance of my best friend Pat. She was gone far too soon at age 44. As I think about her and remember her this one line from a song comes to my mind, "but I really do miss your smile". Then I think of her children  (my godchildren)  Jessi and Travis and love the fact that I see their mother's smile in both of their faces. I even see her great influence on my children reflected in their clever wit. They spent half their growing up in Pat's home as Jessi and Travis did in mine. Everyone who knew Pat loved her dearly and learned from her the ways of sharing and caring and random acts of kindness. She will always be missed.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your much loved friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our loved ones are always missed. It is nice that you see her smile in her children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely memories here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost my dearest friend of 60 years a couple of months ago. He sent me a selfie a few days before he passed. I put it on my desktop. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com