Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, February 26, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

 It was a surprise to get a call from an old friend last night.  When I say "old" it is very true.  She was an associate pastor in  my church home.  She saw my name on the register and my phone number and called.  It was amazing to me all the things she remembered about my children.  She was their youth leader from elementary school age to high school graduation.

Her reason to call was because she also remembered about me.  She was amazed about how happy my kids were despite the fact that we were coming out of a divorce and living in adjusted income housing. It was a frightening place to live but my children did not know it.  The loved it because they were surrounded by other children and it was the first time we had lived any place with so many kids. This pastor had trouble believing how well adjusted my son and daughter were despite the sorrow surrounding  their mother.

Now I am 76 and the pastor must be over 90 and my children are in their 50s.  I was able to assure her that we had survived on love and still do with grandchildren and their spouses in the loop.

6 comments:

  1. How special to reminise and catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing, the whole story, a blessing your children grew up so well and the pastor remembered you and how lovely life can be now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is nice to hear from someone you've not seen or heard from in a while. It sounds like she has an amazing memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to talk to someone from the past sometimes--- You're just a kid. I've got 3 years on ya, and the bod is letting me know it.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com