Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, February 05, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

My great aunt lived on a large farm.  Her youngest son lived across the road from her.  It had snowed and he went to check on her to make sure she was in for the night.  It seems that after he left she remembered she had not brought in her paper and went out to get it.  She slipped and fell.  Her dear son found her the next morning frozen to death on her steps.  

This family story has worried me a lot living alone.  My daughter receives a text from me every morning and evening so she knows IAYA (I Am Yet Alive).  The Life Alert button is not available to me out here so my cell phone is on a lanyard  always with me. My morning text for my daughter had gone.  The dogs wanted out so I got up from the computer to let them out. The cell phone was not yet attached.  Opening  the front door, the dogs hesitated to go out so I decided to step out to prompt them.  Yes, it was icy (black ice)  and I fell and could not get up. I could not scoot over the threshold of the door.  My neighbors drove by and I hoped they would see me.  They did not because the dogs were sheltering me trying to help.  Finally I managed to get one butt cheek over the ledge and grab the door frame to pull myself inside. All the time the story of  my great aunt was with me....


7 comments:

  1. I hope you are okay. That is a double scary story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it back in and hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!! At least put a whistle around your neck or wrist! I don't carry my phone everywhere either...geez girl!!
    Stay safe!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ! That's scary, glad you are ok...pls stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also thankful this story had a good ending. One thing i've tried to do is train myself not to even step out the door for anything at all without my phone in the clip and on me. It's taken a while, but i'm less likely to forget now and after this story, determined that if i forget i will go back in for it first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh jeepers! SO glad you're okay! Maybe put a note on the door about the cell phone to remember to get it? Whistle sounds good too. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com