Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, January 22, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

Ron and I visited an elderly lady very often. It did not matter if we stopped by in the early morning, afternoon or evening, she was ALWAYS dressed and made up nicely. My thoughts went to that lady yesterday as I was stepping out mid-afternoon still in my pajamas, no makeup and without my wig. It is time to start making an effort to be more like that lady... in case the ambulance has to come for me.

7 comments:

  1. Well, that is something to think about for sure! Undies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dressed quite early (usually) but never made up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was under the weather today and caught a look at myself in the mirror later in the day. Oh, dear! I do know women who would not entertain visitors without enough warning time to get dressed and made-up no matter the state of their health, Fortunately no one wanted to visit me today. Don was concerned, never having seen me sick before and Levi just cuddled up next to me in bed. I can't believe I resisted getting a dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something to be said for at least being dressed and having the kind of shoes on you can run out the door wearing in an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never wear makeup and what I wear to bed looks decent enough to wear all day unless I'm going somewhere, so in the mornings I just comb my hair and hope that nobody knocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about the ambulance. They want you in a backless gown and nothing else if at all possible. It actually helps them put the EKG lead stickers on your chest and assess and get an iv started if needed. They've seen it all; dress loosely and casually for the ambulance ride. Prevents them from having to cut clothes off. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will Never go out in PJ's...ever!
    Jeans and a blouse for me...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com