Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

BEST ADVENTURE & WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY

 SEVEN YEARS AGO I WAS IN ALASKA WITH MY SIBLINGS.  I TOOK THE PICTURES SO IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE I WAS THERE BUT I WAS.

Brother and sister.

Siblings are down there somewhere.

Brother, SIL, Sister, BIL


When I first joined the Words For Wednesday I would write a poem with the words instead of a story. 
Here is my first post in 2016. Right now I don't have time to concentrate on a new story so I will re-run some oldies but goodies.

TIME ERASED by Granny Annie

Standing guard with only
The company of the fireflies,
He yearned for his grandfather
As he gazed into the skies.

The young boy knew Pappy
Would eventually come there.
He closed his eyes.
He said a special prayer.

Others taunted the boy about
His granddad's checkered past
Leaving the youngster
With eyes and heart downcast.

He tried not to let it matter.
He spent this time
Whistling the happy tune
Pappy taught about sunshine.

Perhaps the song would
Lead his grandfather to him.
This waiting a solemn time
As the park lights grew dim.

The anxious boy opened the thermos
Pausing before taking a sip.
A silver haired man approached.
You could sense the kinship.

Pappy gently reached out
To wipe the boys tears.
He embraced his grandson.
He erased the missing years.


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem. Wonderful photographs. Precious memories.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's wonderful to remember the trip and to remember when I joined Words for Wednesday.

      Delete
  2. Love those photos. And the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for introducing me years ago to Words for Wednesday.

      Delete
  3. What memories. Lovely words and photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to want to visit Alaska, but having lived through two colder than usual Australian winters I have changed my mind. I'm happy just seeing it on the internet where I don't have to feel the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you were there to take the pictures, that should be obvious.

    Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com