Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, April 29, 2022

HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS

Ron and I spent hundreds of dollars on guinea fowl.  We bought grown birds, keets and eggs.  We hatched the eggs under one of our broody hens and she would take care of them until they would blend with the rest of the guinea fowl.  They were the favorite food of eagles, coyotes, owls and all predators.  Little by little they would disappear. So, why attempt to raise them?  They alerted us to intruders, they killed snakes, they ate tons of ticks and other bugs.  These past few months I have been down to two guineas.  Last week one of the two disappeared and I hoped it would return and so did the partner.  It has not come home. Now the remaining one has not been quiet one single minute of the day crying for his partner. It is sad but it is also driving me CRAZY!!!  

 

Poor lonely guy.


10 comments:

  1. Aww, would it help to get him a friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that is so sad. I love guinea hens. I have a friend who has some and she sends me the feathers. I wish I could have them in my yard. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very sad indeed. Are you going to get a replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to get at least 3 more! Your lonely one is suffering from PTSD if they saw what happened to their friend. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every body, and very fowl, needs companionship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to get some more guinea fowls, that bird looks so lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, that's sad. We have a stray cat that has made a home in our gas meter cupboard and every time we leave the house she cries and tries to get inside the house. We are feeding her once a day but we don't want a cat!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com