Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, March 10, 2022

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY - 03-09-2022

 WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY - 03-09-2022

This month the words/prompts are supplied by River and can be found here

 

WHO WOULD EVER FORGET by Michelle and Granny Annie


Marcella approached the coffeemaker . She could not ignore the pie sitting there and had to reach for another small slice. She was a collector of desserts. It stupefied Marcella to glance in the mirror and see her reflection. Though she was dressed in the finest fashion, it was discouraging to see her ever increasing form. She pretended to be be looking at her new hat. It was time for change. She would not hesitate to arrange more sessions at the gym. She would force herself to adjust to a whole new life and turn over a clean slate. For now Marcella would share just another small segment of pie.

It was not a pleasant memory for those who witnessed the explosion of rotund Marcella.


(composed on a road trip yesterday with my daughter.)

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant writing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and haven't we all been there at least once in our lives?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! The explosion of Marcella! Pie can do that I guess. I haven't had pie in, ooh, let me think, since just before Covid got to Australia at least. I miss it, but not enough that I'm inclined to get baking.
    GREAT story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta rein in that pie habit before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that kinda sounds familiar, just with Pizza and such! ;-)

    I like your "About me"-quote very much, so true. Especially to a German. And yes. Well. I never went into the street, but I understand the tiredness when it comes to politics.
    Yet. I have to follow it atm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice writing, and who can resist pie (except for pumpkin or sweet potato pie and I can resist those every time )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that was a surprise ending. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com