Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, January 08, 2022

NEW YEAR BIRDS

 2022 NEW YEAR BIRDS

I have barn cats and have not been able to put out feeders for the birds.  While my kids were here they put up a fence outside for their dogs.  Then they added a small fence around my propane tank and a tree.  The put up feeders and I loved watching the birds.  When my kids left they took their feeders and I was so sad watching the birds appear looking for the food.  Since it was a well enclosed area, I bought my own feeder and keep it filled.  It is such a joy to watch the beautiful birds out my kitchen window and have yet to see a cat go in the area.



 

8 comments:

  1. Nice to see the birds at the feeder. Thanks for the reminder of 29 faces. I wish she still linked them to her blog but it's FB and I think instagram. Must be in the air because this AM like 20 minutes ago I sketched a face out to draw. I think you and I should link each other during 29 faces. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that even though my work is so embarrassing compared to yours but let's stay in touch about it. Can't wait.

      Delete
  2. It is definitely a joy to see birds at the feeder. I can't tell you just how much time we spend (definitely not waste) watching ours each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fence seems to be the perfect solution. It keeps the cats from sneaking up on the birds and evidently, they both know this. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds were most thankful I'm sure! Hey, yes, felines can catch Covid. Y'all be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a Cardinal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeding the birds is so much fun, i'm glad the cats don't go after them.

    One word from a bird expert, don't feed them every single day. Maybe taper off until you are down to 3-4 days a week. As you noted when the birds came and found no food, they become dependent on people and forget how to forage for themselves. Then if the person feeding them moves or dies, they're left somewhat bereft. Only feeding them part time keeps them having to look elsewhere, which is good for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birds let me know I still have something to look forward to each day.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com