Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, September 05, 2021

SECOND HIP REPLACEMENT

I had my first hip replacement 6 years ago. It took two years from 2014 to 2016 to get it going because I needed carpal tunnel surgery first so I could use a walker, plus I had to lose 56 pounds before the surgeon would operate. My recovery from that right hip surgery was excellent and quick.

Now I am back for my second hip replacement.  It will happen this Wednesday.  I continued my weight loss project and now have lost a total of 80 lbs. There is no waiting for weight loss and I don't need wrist surgery. Cannot wait to get this done and I am so happy we can jump right in and I don't have to suffer two years before it can be done.

My family will gather and take turns helping me for the two weeks after.  I will try to continue my blog posts, but if I disappear, don't worry.  I will be back as soon as computer access is available. I am already behind on commenting on your posts and I hope to catch up on reading all your posts as well.

19 comments:

  1. Prayers that you'll have a quick recovery this time as you did last time. I'm glad you have help.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I had a hip replacement about 2 months ago and I am doing really well. My family was a big help and I was able to drive 10 days after the surgery.



    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers and wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your second operation goes at least as well as the first. We will keep the light on here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well, and that you'll be back to your old self--- uh--- your younger self very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good that you have that successful first surgery. That will take the anxiety out of the equation. Praying for you and your doctor that this one goes just as well. So glad your family will be helping out. Take care, heal fast and don't worry about us. We will be here waiting for the great news of another success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS
    Big time congrats on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you well for surgery and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We'll be thinking of you and sending best wishes. You'll enjoy being a fully functioning hippy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying all goes well, and you have amnesty from having to either catch up on anything i post (just jump in where i happen to be at the time) and from having to comment.

    Congratulations, too, on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers crossed all goes well. And Wow! 80 pounds! I need to lose about 45 pounds but I'll settle for 50.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck and sending out positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stay save and healthy and your weight loss deserves a celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an amazing weight loss. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You're on my prayer list! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the surgery! Prayers from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the best for your coming hip op (sounds like a dance), Annie. I've just sent off an email to a friend of mine who is going in for her hip operation next Wednesday.

    Like I said to her...you'll soon be up doing Zumba, or the Rhumba!

    Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I am sending you healing energy and a the best results.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done on the weight loss that's amazing. I hope you make a full recovery after the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good for you! I am really impressed. I have a friend who had a hip replacement and is so glad she did. I'm sending you healing thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com