Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, April 24, 2021

THE GUEST ROOM

My family members have rarely complained about the bed in my guest room.  My poor brother, who had a bad back,  once went out to try and find a new bed that could be delivered during their visit.  He could not find a place. Now when they visit, they stay in a nearby hotel. They only come here once every couple of years, so I did not believe the purchase of a new bed was a priority.

The kids and grandkids have managed the bed with little concern (I thought).  Sometimes on awakening guests could be found sleeping on the living room couch or den couch. My assumption was that they fell asleep watching TV. A new bed didn't seem like a major priority as long as I fed them well. As a child my memories were of sleeping anywhere when visiting grandparents.

This weekend my daughter and son-in-law were here.  They took the bed apart and put it on the floor and said they slept very well.  Guess they were having a problem.😀😃😄 


 

12 comments:

  1. We rarely have house guests and I strongly suspect the bed in the spare room IS a problem. It hasn't been high on my priority list though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in Illinois, we put a plywood sheet underneath the mattress. We should have just removed the box spring and put in bunkie boards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago I did what Kay did and it does work. Also the floor is a good option for a sagging mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just replaced the bed in our guest bedroom, it was 40+ years old. We never get any guests though, but if we do they're all set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol like yours my spare bed becomes a landing zone for bits and pieces but I have to keep it clear because I never know when The Golfer is going to have a ‘musical night’ emitting weird and wonderful noises - i find the bed/mattress comfortable because that’s when I’ve used :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not a priority, but it does sound like your guests will be more comfortable if you do get another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time to buy a new bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sleep in our extra beds on occasion just to see how "sweepable" they are

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my, maybe you should buy a new bed. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a new mattress. However, we purchased a new mattress a few months ago and OMG! they are expensive and you can no longer flip them like we once could.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New beds are so expensive, maybe try a board under the mattress or maybe a memory foam topper. Both would be way cheaper than a new bed. Especially when it isn't used on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My spare bed is very comfy, I can attest to that. When Eric came into contact with COVID & had to isolate it was quite difficult, the best I could do was sleep in the spare room. I slept much better there than in our bed. Ours is quite new with one of those mattress toppers. The spare bed is old & is just an ordinary mattress but it's oh so comfy.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com