Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY 03-31-2021

 


 

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY 03-31-2021

 

This month, the prompts have been provided by Hilary Melton-Butcher and are posted by Elephant's Child.            


This week's prompts are:


watchful

laggard

pudding

mulberry

bark


and/or


promenade

vineyard

allotment

wisdom

tenth


and as a bonus


life

borrow

wily

ochre

brook

 

I used the above underlined words in my story.

 God-Son's Birthday

Today is Travis' 42nd birthday.  He is a fine young man and my precious god-son.  He has always been a very watchful guy and takes his time doing things so they will be done right.  Because he is cautious, some might call him a laggard but that is never the case.

He has the most beautiful teeth.  His mother put a lot of work into making sure both of her children had dental work done and I remember when his wisdom teeth were pulled.  Travis stayed with me during his recovery. I could only feed him mulberry pudding for quite a while.   He would call me for more food and his voice sounded like a bark. I kept saying "I've told you for the tenth time that I cannot understand you!" 

I bought my first house in my life the day Travis was born.  It was near a brook and a mulberry  vineyard. While the house was wonderful, the fact of his birth was the most wonderful.  He and his sister are the children of my best friend in the world.   (This story is fact and fiction.)

Happy Birthday Travis!



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful dogs in your blog header. A good story using the week's prompts. Happy birthday to your godson Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done.

    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday Dear Travis,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya done good with those words and Happy Birthday to Travis from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Granny Annie - Fact and Fiction winners both ... delightful - loved it - thanks for joining us ... Happy Birthday to Travis ... and have a lovely Easter weekend - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mixtures of facts and fiction are the very best. Happy Birthday to your godson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting mixture of fact and fiction. Well done and Happy Birthday Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you managed fact and fiction. You have such a talent for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the way you twinned fact and fiction - and a very happy birthday to Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing Travis many happy returns of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful use of Words for Wednesday prompts! I think Travis was lucky to have you care for him after his wisdom teeth extraction.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com