Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, February 14, 2021

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

 HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! 💖💓 I enjoy remembering this selection of gifts from my precious Ron. He was a generous gift giver during our courtship and then he changed his pattern of giving a bit after our marriage. See if you can tell from the pictures what gifts came before our marriage and what came after we tied the knot.

Not the actual books, just images of the kinds of books.He showered me with poetry books by Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning and other favorites.

He bought me several pieces of lovely jewelry. These earrings from the internet are almost identical to a pair he gave me. Sadly I have lost one.

I came home to find this backhoe awaiting me with Ron holding a heart box of candy and some beautiful flowers telling me Happy Valentine's Day.

I waited at the airport terminal for him to exit the plane. We embraced and together collected his luggage. He opened his suitcase and pulled out a crinkled brown bag that was somewhat damp. "This is for you" he said and I reluctantly took this strange gift, opening it to discover a small bouquet of roses, carefully packed and looking as fresh as the moment he cut them for me.

He showered me with poetry books by Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning and other favorites.
 

You were correct if you guessed the Case backhoe he gave me one Valentine's Day, but it was used for making my dreams come true so it was a good present and it was accompanied by flowers and candy.💋💓💕💖💘

13 comments:

  1. So sweetly romantic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was how I knew he was the one for me.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous loving memories. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gifts are great
    I never talked to my husband before I got married. My mom and his sister in law arranged our marriage as they thought that we will be good for each other.
    I get him a little Valentine Candy box and he is happy
    Please take care of yourself and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Glad to hear from you again. I cannot imagine an arranged marriage but my sister and my mother both would have done better for picking my first husband than I did.

      Delete
  4. Laughed out loud when I saw the backhoe. But it was for the both of you and he didn't forget the flowers so he stayed a winner that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a day, driving in and seeing the backhoe. He smiled and kissed me and said Happy Valentine's Day and before I could scream he took me inside for the flowers and candy. That helped.

      Delete
  5. He certainly knew how to give gifts, a rare thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a very rare thing. LOL

      Delete
  6. We're not big on Valentine's day here, the one time I got a single red rose it was a fake one, given from a guilty heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Ron was no longer able to drive, he would go with me to Walmart and pretend to be waiting for me on the bench inside. Instead, when we would go out to our vehicle I would find roses on the car seat.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and so romantic. What lovely earrings. I have a pair where I lost one too. Makes me sad. Thanks for sharing and hoping you had a good week so far. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suspect that a backhoe is one of the all-time more unusual gifts from husband to wife for ANY occasion!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com