Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, April 05, 2019

LOTS TO READ

messymimi's meanderings gives us a multitude of things to read on her blog every day.  Favorites of mine are the unknown holidays that she lists for the day.  Did you know today is Bell Bottoms Day?  This brought up the memory of why those pants left my wardrobe. 


The incident: My "then" husband dashed through an intersection with me riding on the back of our motorcycle. The sudden jerk (by the jerk) caused me to lose my balance.  My bell bottom trousers got caught in the foot peg.  I was hurled into the road but the bike peg held me and I was dragged for several feet. Many witnesses rushed to my side to make sure I was okay while my "then" husband was busy checking on the bike.


Ah sweet mysteries of life.  LOL

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Messymimi puts a LOT of work into her posts. Which I appreciate.
    Sigh at the jerk. I hope you kicked him to the curb soon after that incident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds painful in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh painful time painful memory!
    Yes Messymimi finds all those out of the way snippets for us to enjoy. Did you know Pocahontas marries an Englishman- neither did I lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any man more worried about his bike than his wife deserves neither!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a scary memory. Thank goodness you were not seriously injured. I am not a fan of motorcycles. The human body hurling unprotected at 50 miles an hour through space is not safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bell bottoms but your experience was not pleasant and good reason he was a "then" husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, how totally scary. So glad he is a former husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you're short and chubby bell bottoms are a no no....apparently also a no no when riding a motor bike with a jerk lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! My Goodness! I'm glad you were okay....typical behaviour of a typical male, though! :)

    Our generation certainly has been through a lot of interesting fashion crazes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! Glad he is an ex-husband and he didn't know what his real prize was! (Rob)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com