Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

HIDING OUT

Happy New Year to All!

It was my intention to visit my sister and brother-in-law today but things happen.  First it turned very cold and I could not brave the temperatures.

Second my young dog awakened me at 2AM. Frankie Doodle does not bark in the night, she whispers.  She was whispering at 2AM and I was hoping she would go back to sleep but she kept it up.  Slim was ignoring her but the light noise was driving me crazy. I got up to open the door and let Frankie out but I couldn't find her.  

Frankie was stuck under my bed.  I can only guess that when people on the lake set off fireworks at midnight to welcome the New Year it frightened her and she dived under without thinking.  She has gotten so big she could not get out.  I encouraged her and she finally made it out from under but then she wanted to play.  

Needless to say I am due a nap and will stay home and hope Frankie keeps quiet.

It looks like she is ready for a nap too.

16 comments:

  1. Granny Annie, Thanks so much!!! I appreciate your comments also and your blog lifts my spirits!!! Karen :) Stay strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwh Frankie :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog 'asked' to GO IN THE BASEMENT...'as if' she knew what was to come!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs are just like kids, I guess. That was funny and tenderly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year. I hope that both of you get your much needed naps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, poor Frankie. Callie is sensitive to loud noise also. She just shakes and shakes.
    Hope you both get your rest. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nap is a great way to start the new year off the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2019! When you get into a tight space and can't get out - that's really scary. Have a good rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Frankie, poor you! I hope you got the sleep you needed.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, dear! What an awful way to spend New Year's Eve, wedged under a bed. Hope the rest of the year goes better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Frankie! I'm glad you got her out. Happy New Year, to you, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my. Poor pup -- although I did chuckle over the image evoked.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year to you all. Poor thing hope she had no ill effects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Frankie! Our Wiggy gets scared from that noise too. Hope you were able to get your rest afterwards. Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Poor Frankie...thankfully, there were no fireworks during the Festive Season here where I live...so my two furry mates, Remy and Shama weren't disturbed. Under the bed is their favourite safe hiding place, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New year !!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com