Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, August 11, 2016

REMNANT OF THE SEA

Words for Wednesday provided by Hannah BananaFace and a picture too.

Sea green
Froth
Sharp
Thousands
Rain
Abducted

White Coral

 REMNANT OF THE SEA by Granny Annie

I was walking along the beach and encountered an unusual fossil. I picked it up very carefully and tried not to jostle. Deep inside the crevices you could see algae remnants of SEA GREEN. It had probably rested there for years untouched and serene.

Ocean waters had splashed this white-coral with years of FROTH. I lifted it carefully holding it in a soft cloth. The tiny imprinted edges were thin and SHARP. My light touch across these edges sounded like music of a harp.

It was an unusual piece from the sea side surrounded by THOUSANDS of tiny bits of sand sparkling like diamonds. It had been there untouched to be washed by wind and RAIN. No one had picked it up before. How had they managed to refrain?

I took one last look at my treasure, deciding it should not be ABDUCTED. It was gently replaced back in the sand for more years uninterrupted.

11 comments:

  1. Some things should be left for others to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints. Another brilliant take on the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely words. The last bit really pulls it all together. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What EC said, It's often the best thing to do.
    Nice story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done ... I especially like this one for the beach setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellently handled. In all ways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite that you have done so far. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, I wouldn't have a clue how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your nice comments. You encourage me to keep playing the Words For Wednesday challenge. Let me know if you ever participate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was amazing decesion dear ,normally people don't have such control over their will n wishes love you for this

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com