Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

MAKING THE SELECTION

Sorry these pictures are out of order.  This batch is the ending and then the first batch follows.  I could not get them back in the correct order.  Just an added note since I missed my "Question Of The Week", I will ask this now.  Did  you miss me?


Natural History Museum and Butterfly pavilion. Jessi the patient photographer.
A fun night out on the town at The Blue Cow Kitchen.  See Jessi's friends in reflection behind us.
Back to Oklahoma for my only celebrity sighting.  Former Governor George Nigh.
Rest stop with brother and sil before heading back home.
Restaurant gave me this huge bag for my left over salad.  It should be big enough for all my left over memories of a wonderful, wonderful trip.

Trip to Los Angeles.  Few pictures selected to share from the multitude and hoping they will tell the story of a grand adventure. Could not post in order.  Starts here then ends back at the top.  Hope you can figure it all out.

First stop Oklahoma City to spend night at brother and sil's B&B



Priority after arriving in LA was drive to San Diego to Ron's memorial at Ft.Rosencrans Military Cemetery.
Taking a break from harrowing ride on hwy 5, we had lunch in Long Beach at Gladstone's on the pier. See Queen Mary in background.

Visit to Jessi's workplace The Academy.  Amazing place.
The observatory especially great because I had seen Rebel Without A Cause the week before.

19 comments:

  1. Of course I missed you! But it looks as though you had a grand time for yourself And that makes me happy to see and hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like your trip was all that you hoped it would be. I'm very glad that it all went well and that you are home safe with some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course we miss you! These pictures are great and it looks like you are having a great time!!!! (Rob)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Olga said! It seems you had a great vacation, and I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have followed some of your trip on FB but it is great to see these too. So glad you could go:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olga Hebert
    Thank you for missing me:) I did have a wonderful time and truly wish it had been longer. It seemed to arrive and end way too fast.

    Jeanie
    Jessi is my goddaughter and daughter of your classmate from Wright and Edison that we talked about before. She is so much like her mom it was like spending time with my friend again.

    Rob and Monica
    Thank you both for missing me. Looks like you kept yard saling without me.

    kenju
    I am definitely ready to go again.

    Changes in the wind
    I know you were following me:) Thanks. I did get to show more pics on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I am glad you are back! Looks like you had such a nice time out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well sure but it was just as I thought. You had much better and fun things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course we missed you.
    Judging by your HUGE smiles you didn't have time to miss us. Which is as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry about the posting. Looks like you're having a great time and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I missed you, G-A! About time you came back from gallivanting around the countryside!

    My goodness! That's the biggest doggie bag I've ever seen; and dogs don't even eat salad!! :)

    It sound like you had a wonderful trip...welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome triptych. You look happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh... So I see you've been having a wonderful time. That's a lot of left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really, really, did!
    I hate the editor pic moving thing too!
    Yay! we get pics! N a celebrity.
    Jessi looks like a celebrity too- She's the one on the carpet for the show, written about earlier, right?

    Looks like a trip full of adventure n love... Glad you got to go n made it back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay! i had a great time too! i am thankful that my butt crack is not in that pic from the butterfly pavilion...thank you for that, GM ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:07 PM

    I love your photos! What a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course I missed you, but did you miss me??

    Looks like you had loads of fun and were very busy too. So was the flight okay in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chatty Crone
    Yes I did have a very good time. Just wish my leg had healed a little more

    Arkansas Patti
    You didn't miss me more than a quick thought? Well that's pretty good:)

    Elephants Child
    Lots and lots of smiles...but still missing my blog buddies.

    Cube
    Good time was the main thing.

    Lee
    I have your recent posts printed out and am looking forward to the time to sit down and enjoy.

    Brigid
    Not just looking..really feeling happy. Haven't seen my god daughter in too long.

    Kay
    Carry out everywhere we went but never enough to fill such a sack.

    Snagged Tooth
    Yes she is the one you see every year on the red carpet.

    Jessi
    And I was trying for your butt crack! lol Just think if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have this blog.

    gigihawaii
    It definitely was.

    LL Cool Joe
    Certainly did miss you. Guess I better go see what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know - I thought I had commented on this post. I remember thinking what a good time it looked like you were having. So sorry for the delay.

    And I'm so glad you could see Ron's memorial.

    I did miss you! Thanks for the pics - I loved going to LA so many years ago.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com