Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP

I hate to miss a Wednesday post but we're off to more medical appointments so I'm going to share this quick story that I posted on face book yesterday.  Hope you enjoy it.

"A man left for work one Friday afternoon. But, being payday, instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend partying with the boys and spending his entire paycheck.

When he finally appeared at home, Sunday night, he was confronted by a very angry wife and was barraged for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions.

Finally his wife stopped the nagging and simply said to him,

"How would you like it if you didn't see me for two or three days?" To which he replied, "That would be fine with me."

Monday went by and he didn't see his wife. Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results. Come Thursday, the swelling went down just enough where he could see her a little out of the corner of his left eye."

23 comments:

  1. ha, ha, Ha! a three laugh joke - and you sound like me - more Dr appointments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Annie~ ~ Good joke, thanks. I do hope these appointments are making things better for both you and Ron and not predicting any dire problems.
    Lots of Hugs and prayers for good results for you both.
    If you have time have a look at my last post about the Letter from Scout camp as it is sooo funny.
    Much love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the joke. Good stuff there.
    Hope all goes well with the appt's.
    Marilyn has another appt today with her foot Dr. I told her if she'd quit kicking me in the rear maybe her foot would get better. OR it could be because she's had to put her foot down too many times over the past 40 years of wedded bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! too good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That's funny - wasn't expecting that ending!

    I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good one to start my morning with a chuckle..

    ps~ sofa and loveseat I posted are in the Family Room..

    next sofa story/peek behind the coffee table I redid , is in the living room.. both were empty after I gave my furniture and other items to the womens shelter. hope that explains it..

    xoxo
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  7. "... N the following week's paycheck wasn't enough to party on at all..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. May all testing come out negative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahaha!

    Hey, good luck at the drs. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. priceless

    hope all went well at the docs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you guy thought that joke was as funny as I did. Like Lynn, I wasn't expecting that ending.

    It is always a good day that starts out with laughter:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was funny! Hope the doctor visit went well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. probably based on a true story lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Annie ~~ Thanks for your comments and I am so glad you enjoyed the jokes. I can't believe anyone would be so stupid to iron a blouse while wearing it.Ppl are so strange at times,
    I hope your appointments went well ~~ 80 miles is such a long way to go for them.
    You are welcome to the joke Sex at 75. Much love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh OUCH! I hope everything went well with your appointment. We just had ours and are so relieved... for another 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh I had to cut and paste this one to my FB page with credit to you of course!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks again to this second batch of comments. Glad you liked the joke too. Adam, how did you find me? I notice you visit several of the people I visit. Entre Nous, glad you shared the joke. It is such a good one.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com