Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

#16 MAN SOUP

This is post is number 16 in the marathon.

There was a google image that would have gone with this post nicely but a hot tub full of naked men somehow did not seem appropriate for a family type blog:)

Man-soup does not mean a soup made of men.  What this is about is a soup that men will like.  As a matter of fact, it was a man's idea.  Ron suggested we try this and it worked very nicely.

 I made our regular potato soup and usually at the end I add a little flour in a small can of evaporated milk and stir that in.  Ron suggested that I add Morrison's Country Style Peppered Gravy Mix to the evaporated milk and stir that in.  Talk about a hearty, thick soup with a delicious flavor. 

(It really isn't just a man's soup but what woman wants to admit that she ate a big bowl of potatoes and gravy which is basically what we have here.)

 

 

8 comments:

  1. lol at the tub full of naked men. Of course my mind went there. :) I guess I won't be trying that soup, but it sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we're talkin. btw thanks for not including naked men on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn -- It was funny when I googled images for man soup and came up with those guys. The biggest group of pictures it gave me though were photos of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld episodes. Guess he is forever the soup man for history.

    Cliff -- You're welcome. By the way, thanks for forgiving my "oldtimers disease" regarding you post. My poor old weary brain,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds wonderful. I don't care if it was man or woman's idea I'm gonna try it. Of course I liked the first idea of men soup, the naked men in the tub part, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a dinner party on Saturday night and the man made the soup and it was very tasty. He wasn't, the soup was. Not the same I know, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie -- Perhaps I was unfair to call it man soup but I just can't imagine a woman thinking to put gravy mix in soup. Yes the soup was good and so was the picture of the fellows in the hot tub. LOL

    LL Cool Joe -- Glad you clarified that you were talking about tasty soup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I love milk gravy and biscuits!!! Nothing better on a cold snappy night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ate a ton of Shepard's Pie myself (Potatoes, creamed corn, hamburger)

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com