Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

OUTTA HERE

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Share your plans and/or menus or favorite traditions in the comments.  

Children and grandchildren coming here and bringing most of the food.  (Sometimes it pays to be old and infirm.)

Baked Ham
Fried Turkey
Smoked Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Corn Casserole
Pistachio Fluff
Chelle's Unbelievable Homemade Croissants
Pecan Pies
Pumpkin Pies
Fudge

No Cranberry Sauce:)

Once you have pushed away from the Thanksgiving table and everyone is napping, go to your computer. You probably won't find a lot of new blog entries to read due to the holiday but here are some of our past Thanksgiving posts in case you need a blog fix.

 Thanksgiving 2010 -- Remains Of The Day

Thanksgiving 2009 -- Something Wishboney This Way Comes

Thanksgiving 2008 -- Happiest Of Thanksgiving Greetings

Thanksgiving 2007 -- Thanksgiving To Remember 2007

Thanksgiving 2006 -- Feeding Mother 

Thanksgiving 2005 -- Thanksgiving
















12 comments:

  1. My mama makes the best cranberry sauce - so much better than that jelled stuff that slides out of the can with a glup glup. :)

    It's Paula Deen's recipe:

    Ingredients
    1 (8-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
    1 (6-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
    1 cup walnut pieces
    1 cup pecan pieces

    Directions

    In a medium size bowl, gently fold together the cranberries, mandarin oranges, walnuts and pecans.

    I like the sound of your dinner, GA - it sounds as if you have a lovely family and I know it will be wonderful to have them around your table.

    I'll be with 41 family members - the oldest is my mom at 83 and the youngest is just learning to pull up on things. Massive food and the aforementioned sauce that mom will make. I took over the sweet potato casserole from her and will get started on that tonight.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the holiday and the time with your family. Sounds like a wonderful meal is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny, re-posting blogs.
    Appetizers
    Wine
    Baked turkey
    Dressing
    Mashed potato
    gravy
    green beans
    rolls
    salad
    Pumpkin desert and a surprise pie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow we are taking a friend for vegetarian Chinese food. Friday I am cooking for Mr. RK and myself, although I am sure our kitties will be hovering. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pistachio fluff?? I need to know about that.

    Hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving! I am pooped already. We will have turkey,ham,dressing,mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce, gravy, pumpkin and apple pies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was about to ask about the Pistachio Fluff too. That sounds very intriguing and delicious. Have a wonderful, delicious Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cranberry sauce!

    Just Me! Have to work. Haven't had one holiday off this year- can't afford it. Sucks all the fun out of life sometimes.

    I bought a $4 turkey thigh- had it a day early, boiled potatoes, croissants from work, n Cranberries- a local crop.
    Tomorrow I'll cook the frozen apple pie I bought for $2 on sale. Cheaper than apples this year.

    You are indeed a fortunate person to have such a gathering-
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am painting today...not cooking...lol Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pistachio fluff?? Oh, that sounds good. I must get my hands on that recipe (if you can get it). Pistachio is my favorite pudding, cake and ice cream. I can't get enough of it!

    Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Sounds like you've enjoyed quite a feast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving Annie :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok so when it the link for this pistachio fluff coming...it does intrigue me so!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com