Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, June 16, 2011

QUICK UPDATES

We are in the final stretch of Ron's treatments. They have dismissed him from chemotherapy and radiation should end on Monday. I will let everyone know it it works out as we hope.

Yes I am still on the Alli health and fitness plan. Hit a plateau at 20 weeks and held at a 36 pound weight loss. Today in week 24 I started moving again with 37 pounds in the tank.

Who could make you laugh about a dead bird? Read LL Cool Joe at Joey's Pad today. It's a MUST!

Also, I quit going to one church because they had a time in the middle of the service to reach around and hug each other. Nope not for me, but Grammie at Awaiting Buddha would have loved it I guess.

And whatever you do, don't miss Talon's Green Skeleton story. It's a winner for sure.

8 comments:

  1. We call that "passing the peace" at my my church. The thought is that you would say "The peace of the Lord be with you" to someone during that moment in the service and they reply "And also with you." Hugs are optional. :) I wonder if that one church knows that people don't come there because of that?

    I loved Talon's story, too, and Joe's post made me chuckle as well.

    Congrats on the weight loss! Good job, GA! And I hope Ron's treatment has been as healing as hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 AM

    I'm with you Grannie Annie, I heard to much hugging causes cooties! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I've been keeping you and Ron in my thoughts and prayers. He must be so glad to have the chemo beind him now.

    That is amazing about the weight loss. You must feel so good and strong.

    I've never been to a church service that involved hugging...I don't think that would be my cup of tea either.

    Joey's post did make me laugh. And wasn't the quality of the bird shot amazing? Poor wee thing!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed my story, Annie! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much on hugging and hand shaking either at church. People go when they are sick. Whenever I get a cold I get bronchitis - not just a cold - teehee.

    Glad no thrilled hubby is done with both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the church I quit attending last year, they shake hands. I am not a germophobe, but I don't really want to transfer my germs to them or they to me. I always felt like I ought to carry hand sanitizer for afterward.

    I hope for the best for Ron and you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, both on the weight loss and end of treatments. Sending you both lots of good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly wonderful news. YOU, however, deserve kudos for sticking to it. I'm voting for good news on the recovery front for Ron, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Bet Ron can't wait til that stuff is all done! Then re-coup will take some time tho.

    Congrats on Maintaining your weight loss, n adding to it again!

    Good links too- already visited most

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com