Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, May 29, 2010

PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS

How will I ever catch up on my blogging? Today there were 315 new posts in my google reader. I decided to start by reading the ones I do not leave comments and do not need to open their entire page. There was no getting through all of them and I still have 284 posts to read. Most will stir my need to comment. By tomorrow the number will only increase. I feel like I’m trying to jump on the Merry-Go-Round but there is no stopping so I can’t get on. It will probably be June 3rd before I can safely return to my normal blogging. (See previous post for explanation.) Probably a thousand will be staring at me by then.

Curiosity killed the cat because it was so afraid it might miss something. That is my feeling on blogging. If I miss one of your spectacular posts, I may never get back to find it and there could be something useful never incorporated into my brain.

This means it’s up to you. Please leave a comment telling me about the date/s of your most spectacular and interesting post added during my absence. That will give me a starting place when life is back to normal.

Enjoy a long and relaxing holiday weekend. Remember to thank a Vet. Remember those being honored who died for our freedom. Stand and salute our flag when it passes.

16 comments:

  1. So glad you are back:) Two things on my blog...our friend Granny J passed away and our home was broken into....thats all mostly bad news so maybe just put that one off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changes in the wind -- Oh Monica this is going to be more difficult than I thought. Now I want to go open your blog right now and catch up but I shall restrain myself. Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted and now I have direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone would understand if you just hit "mark all as read" and started from scratch.

    Sometimes it's what you have to do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just click mine all read and move on. I don't believe I have done anything earth shattering you'll wish you hadn't missed -- although I am teaching an online summer book study that starts in June.

    It is "Courage and Calling" and if you're interested in learning more about God's call in your life, just email me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Logical Libby -- You are too logical. I need to be sure I'm not missing anything.

    Quilly -- I'll be taking a look at Courage Calling and maybe sooner than I thought. Things are starting to look up. WhooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My most spectacular and interesting post? Well, how about the sweetest? That was from 5/25.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've mostly been ranting about things that break or wear out, so you can safely miss my posts....lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You for Thanking the Vets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness! How can Super Granny Annie possibly do all that reading n do anything else? I'll tell ya, that's why I don't put any blogs on the reader! I pick a couple each day to visit off my sidebar list, n take turns (catching up all the way back to where I left off).
    There's other folks who only read the ones who comment that day- I don't always have time right away.
    Been workin my butt-feathers off this week- working all week-end, no bbq (darn!)
    Happy Memorial Day to you all!
    Salute to the vets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Annie! I wish you a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

    I can't wait to add a little something to your book today and put it in Tuesday's mail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck in your catching up! I have been away at the beach with the Girlies....so, if you want to see some photos from the Gulf...come on by!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie, that amount of catching up is making MY head whirl - lol!

    No pressure to play catch-up at my blog. I did post a new short story on May 27th that you might enjoy, but other than that it's flowers and poetry :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No hurry on getting back to my blog - just good things. But I took the day off today since it was a holiday. I hope you had a good day today - bittersweet for me since I lost me dad recently and he was a military man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am farther behind than you are in reading and commenting on blog posts! I know what you mean about missing something...but on my blog you ain't missed much! I think you haven't missed any of mine since I have been blogging so infrequently anymore.

    I hope you will all show us those sketchbooks when they are finished! That must be so interesting for you drawing/sketching people!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been on vacation from EVERYTHING so don't worry about stopping by my blog until you get caught up. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe that it is safe for me to return to my blogging. The broadband usage is dropping now instead of rising.

    Thank you guys for listing the posts you knew I would like and/or assuring me I won't be missing anything earth shattering if I just move forward. That is what I shall now do.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com