Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, September 08, 2008

CHAOS WITHOUT HAZARD

We have been without a home telephone land line, thus we have been without our computer (since we have dialup) for over 72 hours. This lengthy outage was not caused by tornado, hurricane or earthquake. It seems a wire was cut and the search for this breakage took many, many hours. The best part was continuing to call AT&T to determine progress on the repairs only to be told over and over via recording to check for updates through the internet. It was like having salt rubbed in the wound.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement on our grand nephew Owen. He is home with his parents and all looks good over the horizon. He will have to be monitored closely for a while, but what newborn arriving home is not monitored closely? We are all so very thankful for this great outcome.

I better get busy because I've got a lot of blog reading to catch up on:-)

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! and yes, how frustrating! Glad they found the problem, so now u can check progress on the internet! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on Owen! I'm glad to see you're back online, too. I was a little concerned for a min. there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back and congrats on Owen coming home and doing well. Geez, three whole days without a computer I would be a basketcase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check the internet for updates - yeah. . .I better leave it with your salt in the wound saying.
    That is good news about Owen. I've been following but at times don't know what to say.
    Thanks for comment on my recent post - I really appreciate it.
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee Owen! I love that name, and I love that they named him after your papa. Can't go wrong being named after a great man like that.

    I'm glad you're back on-line and happy with the VP choice. It's all so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that Baby Owen is able to come home and that he is doing well.

    I hate being without a phone or the computer....Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear baby Owen is home and doing well. I havent' checked your blog for awhile so I'm a little behind. Yay for your political choice and yahoo you're back online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't ya just HATE being held hostage by a recorded telephone message!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you hate it when the computer is down! Most folks have cell phones now so the land line being out isn't so bad.

    Glad to hear about Owen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news about OWen...keep us up to date..and tell his folks he's in our prayers!

    Thanks, Granny...glad you're BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news about Baby!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com