Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, August 04, 2008

I COULD GO BACK


I have always said I would never want to go back to age 12 again. However, now that my granddaughter Beth is 12, she's making me remember the good parts -- like artistic fingernail designs. She painted these herself after being influenced by her Aunt Chelle. Now, the boy crazy part we could all live without. I hear her brothers have already had to set at least one fellow straight on how to properly treat their sister.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. My baby is 12 now. I find myself think ahead to all the things she's facing. ACK! I'd do it for her if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 twelve-year-old girl granddaughters, both are very pretty. I cannot imagine how their fathers will deal with the boys!!

    When I was 15, it was my mother who dealt with them. She took a guy into our kitchen and told him to be sure to bring me back in the same condition in which I went out. We were just going 1 block to the A&W root beer stand for hot dogs....LOL
    I was mortified!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute nails! I hated being 12. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter just turned 12 today, so I am preparing myself for what's to come.

    Nice nails! It makes me want a manicure to go with my Bahama braids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for brothers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OGO, wouldn't we all take that struggling age away from our girls if we could! Judy, my son says it will be easy to deal with the boys...he'll kill them:-) myutopia, great to hear from you again! Scarlet, batten down the hatches. JeanMac, AMEN! I raised my children alone and my son used to take his sister's dates outside before they left and threaten to break their arms if they touched his sister. I did not know this until the kids were grown. Thankfully Beth has TWO brothers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Granny Annie,

    I left a comment for you at Kenju's........

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com