Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

MY HERO

Yesterday we went to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet. You cannot take leftovers with you unless you pay by the pound. We always laugh to see people stuffing things in their coat pockets and purses. Yesterday was the first time I was tempted to try to slip out with something. The dessert buffet had some delicious fudge. I ate two pieces and am almost positive that I emitted rather obscene noises while indulging in this chocolate delight. My sweet husband was mortified but he certainly got the message that I liked the fudge.

We left the restaurant and got in the van. We were halfway down the highway when I glanced at the center console and saw……….TWO PIECES OF STOLEN FUDGE! My dear husband who strictly prides himself in obeying all laws managed to slip out with the candy wrapped in a napkin and tucked in his shirt pocket. These two pieces of fudge (gained at considerable risk) were an even better gift than a bouquet of flowers or whole box of candy.

Oh don't we gals love our rebels!

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, in my (former dating career) you mean that not only could I have saved money but that raging against the rules is considered shivelrous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT's a good husband! Mine would have eaten all he could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sweet...love that man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true love dear lady.

    Oh, and tell the Zombieslayer that Dusty wishes him well please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but I'm gonna have to turn in your hubby for Buffet Violation. This carries a stiff fine and an overnight jail stay. You may bring him a goodie basket of fudge to help him make it through the night.

    He's a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com