Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, June 11, 2007

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A MILE MAKES

I truly feel like a homesteader when it comes to doing laundry on the estate. We are on well water and while the well doesn't go dry, it does shut off the pump if the water gets below a certain level. Ron has to manually restart the pump and it takes at least two hours before we get water again. I can be sure to shut off the pump if I do two loads of laundry......unless I stock up on rain water.

We have a tub on the back porch. I catch rain water and use that water for laundry. The tub also catches June bugs and leaves and other debris so I have to strain it before I pour it into the washing machine.

If we lived three miles outside town, we would be on rural water and we could have high speed computer access. We live four miles outside town, so well water and dial up.

We are one mile from the 21st century.

3 comments:

  1. That is all so foreign to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this I just went and hugged my washer and dryer. And to think I was brought up in the country.....brings back some good memories but I'm glad I don't have to do it now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH I would go nutts, well water and dial up and the water stops! oh boy!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com