Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

KIDS AGAIN

I have found my best friend from elementary school and junior high. Her name is Janet and we were inseparable. She lived in the country and I lived in town. We were both the youngest of three (YOTs). We traded friendship rings. We filled our diaries with tales of important information like boys we had crushes on and girls we would like to crush. We ran around her farm chasing chickens and climbing hills (we were sure were mountains) and finding cow skulls (we were sure were human skulls). We attended picture shows in town and safely walked home on summer evenings after dark to my house.

I have been looking for Janet for almost 40 years. We are doing a lot of catching up.

1 comment:

  1. How great is that??!! I know you will enjoy re-living all the good memories you share.

    P.S. Yes, I apologized....LOL

    BTW: I printed the pics of your German box today so I could show them to my friend who is German, but I enlarged them too much and the print was so fuzzy I don't think anyone could make it out. I will still show them to her and see if she knows anything.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com