Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, February 10, 2007

EAT PIE FOR A WHILE

The pie was delicious. I am posting the recipe just as my sister forwarded it to me. I'm going to be an absent blogger for a while, so make and eat this pie until I return:-)

Tasty and Easy Spice Apple Crunch Pie


Crust:
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. sugar
1/2 c. cooking oil
2 T. milk (i used 3)
Combine dry ingred; add oil and milk. Mix well. Pat into 9 inch pie pan and flute edges if desired.

Filling:
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 1/2 to 4 c. sliced, cooking apples (about 5 to 6 medium)
1 c. sour cream (8 oz)
Combine all ingred; mix well and spoon into crust.

Topping:
1/2 c. Grape-Nuts cereal or crispy rice cereal (i used old fashioned oats)
1/3 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. each cinnamon and nutmeg (i omitted both)
1/4 c. oleo or butter, softened

Combine all ingredients; sprinkle over apple filling. Bake in 350 oven 45 minutes or until nice and brown.

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Next time I have to bake a pie - I'll make this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm I will MAYBE try it, I havent gotten past the meatballs yet!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com