Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Thursday, January 11, 2007

EXCUSES, EXCUSES!

Speaking of familiar phrases from our memory – how about “Idle hands are the devil’s workshop” (or something like that)?

If I am not busy “doing”, I feel guilty. My mother was always on her feet, cleaning, cooking, doing church work, doing yard work, etc. (She did it all in a Donna Reed shirtwaist dress too, by the way.)

Ron will tell me to sit down when I find myself going in circles just to keep from becoming idle.

Thankfully there is always fishing. Fishing is the perfect excuse to do nothing. You are busy sitting and watching your pole. Your mind can drift on the water that is slapping the bank, the side of your boat or the boat dock. You can daydream to your hearts content with totally clear conscience because, after all, you are doing something – you are fishing.

Your meditation is only interrupted momentarily if you happen to actually catch a fish. Your reel it in, measure it, throw it back or keep it for dinner and return to your thoughts. It is a win-win situation if you catch a fish or not.


3 comments:

  1. I stay pretty busy all the time, but nowadays, a lot of time is spent right here at the computer...LOL

    I semi-answered your questions about Bloglines in my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to stay active too. Doing something. I get that from my mom.

    Thank you for the visit yesterday! Always nice to see a new face. :) And yes, the top of my fridge IS clean, largely because I have cats dusting it on a regular basis. :)

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm, I tried fishing once and I was bored to death, it's not my cup of tea, I am living on an Island and I dont have a nautical gene in my body, I am more of a shopping person!!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com