Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, August 11, 2006

Tiptoeing Chicken

Tonight all but one of the chickens were in. Phoebe was a straggler. That is not unusual. Slim and I wait for her to appear almost every evening. When we spot her heading toward the house, Slim will go get her and move her along smartly. Sometimes they stop and play their crazy games. I guess Phoebe was not in the mood for games tonight.

I was going to go inside without finding Phoebe. Slim got busy playing with a gopher she dug up. I took a last look and there was Phoebe, tiptoeing toward the hen house. I swear she was sneaking home trying to avoid Slim. She picked up her pace when she saw me head for the hen house door. We both arrived there at about the same time and I opened the door and Phoebe darted inside. Not a moment too soon. Slim spotted her and came bounding after her friend. No games tonight. The chickens were all closed in and Slim was left with me and a gopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com