Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

OUR DAY

It has become an annual event. The shopping spree takes place a few weeks before the ship reunion. Elenore is my guide into the world of fashion. Her intense efforts to help me select proper shoes and pretty clothes have not failed to turn me out as one of the belles of the ball. I looked good last year, despite my much larger size. That is a feat only Elenore could have pulled off. This year, with my 40 lb loss, her job was a bit easier.

It is hard to call her my "older" sister, because she looks about ten years younger. It is even harder to call her my "big" sister, because she is much smaller than I. But you know she is older and bigger by her attitude. She is in charge of me. She shops with the intent of a CSI agent, looking at me closely and making recommendations. Elenore literally got on the floor of the store to examine my toes and make recommendations for a pedicure. If we had time, that would have been done yesterday too.

Speaking of getting on the floor......we accidentally locked ourselves out of the dressing room. Did we call for the attendant to open the door? No way. Elenore crawled under and opened it from the inside. Yes, we did laugh our guts out yesterday.

I don't know what I look forward to more -- the reunion or this shopping trip? I'm already looking forward to next year. Thank you Agent Elenore, F.S.I. (Fashion Scene Investigator)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com