Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Monday, July 10, 2006

SAVING THE COLLECTION

The other day we were expecting company. I went outside and pulled the wagon around the house picking up Slim's collection. No, I don't mean her poop....I mean her "collection". She has a tire, an old bicycle seat, a thick, insulated electric cord, a couple of old rug mats and some miscellaneous scraps. We cannot throw those things out because she reclaims them quickly. I parked the loaded wagon inside one of the many vacant stalls in our barn.

Tonight we returned home from Tulsa in a blinding rain storm. We were very happy to reach the safety of our estate. We turned in the drive and I spied Slim, safe from the storm, curled up neatly on top of the wagon -- on top of her collection saving her precious belongings from the storm.

It reminded me of the time in Tulsa we had prepared for a flood and were told to move our valuable belongings to our attic. I found Chelle on a step stool in her closet moving her fashionable teenage wardrobe into the attic. Just like Slim, she was saving her collection. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com