Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, January 06, 2006

I DON'T THINK SO

We brought some more stuff back from Tulsa this last trip. I have decided to go through my journals and saved memorabilia and burn as much of it as I can. So far I haven't selected anything for the burn pile. Journaling since I was ten, my memories include every person and every event that crossed my path. Probably I will include some funny stuff, like the following, as I go through piles of paper.

My sister wrote this October 12, 1978. I cannot remember a time she was ever fat, but this was her composition:

"Beauty is as beauty does."
That's what mother taught us.
But, as my scales go up each day,
this quote gives little solace.

It is sad to think of my epitaph
upon that old gray slab --
"She lived her life a big fat slob,
but she didn't act half bad.

ER 10-12-78

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com