Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Saturday, January 21, 2006

2006 Birthdays Begin

No more limericks! I have my old journals and will attempt to come across old poetry written for everyone to post on each birthday.

Happy 34th Birthday Chelle. Here is a poem for you when you were seven
.

A DAUGHTER IS A PRIZE AT SEVEN

Quietly she came into my life.
Quietly she has grown.
Now Chelle is telling me she's here
In a way I've never known.

"I'll help you mother.
I want to make you proud.
Do you see the story I've written?
May I read it aloud?
I even cleaned my room today
And drew this picture too.
Do you see I'm growing up?
Do you know that I love you?"

("Yes my dear, and oh h0w
I love you too!")

Recalling 34 years ago today, I wonder what I was thinking when you were seven to say you came into my life quietly. There was lots of noise surrounding your birth but I believe it was me making all that noise, not you. LOL Plus, you weren't so quiet on your eighth birthday -- remember! Happy Birthday -- Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com