Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY...09-25-2024

 

 

MORE FOWL by Granny Annie

The season bends. Last February many chickens found a new home here with me and my dog Frankie on the farm. They came here as young birds never having faced Winter blasts. Now the weather is turning cold and the question pops into the minds of my family..."WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS TIME?" 

Frankie and I will be facing freezing rain and snow together.  Years before when chickens lived here I fell in a snow drift and barely found my way up on my feet again.  At least that knowledge should help me tread with extra caution.

It is already difficult to find their eggs.  They play a game of hide-and-seek with me.  The way the hens move around the estate following the lead of their boss Reacher Rooster, it is almost like a game of CHESS. The wind is BLUSTERY and seems to move the chickens around the homestead. 

My little modern cell TELEPHONE rings in my pocket.  It must be a neighbor calling to tell me one of my hens is out in the road. That puts them in the perfect spot to turn CRINKLE by a car or be lifted by OWLS. 

The dreaded days are ahead.  Danger awaits my girls and the big boy Reacher.  Frankie will help me keep them home but if we fail, their blood will spill on the ground in the bright color of ORIENT RED. Perhaps my blood or Frankie's will spill also. 

And I cry...

 

This month the words/prompts are supplied by River and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. owls 2. chess 3. telephone 4. crinkle 5. blustery 6. what have you done this time?

Also include Charlotte's colour of the month if you can: Orient Red

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com