Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, March 10, 2024

SUNDAY TALKING...

 The Iditarod 2024 only has a couple of days to go.  I always have my picks and unless their dogs take over with the speed of Balto they won't win.  They have made some great strides however and I am proud of them.  How can anyone do this?  My picks have been Mille Porsild of Denmark to win and Anna Hennesey to win Rookie of the Year.  The guy I follow is Jessie Holmes and it looks like he just might win the 1st place crown.  

Do you all know who Balto is? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balto

8 comments:

  1. How did you come to be such a fan of the Iditarod?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husband Ron introduced me to the Iditarod because of his time in Alaska. It thrills me to watch the progress especially of the women who participate.

      Delete
  2. I think I saw the movie of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is a movie called BALTO

      Delete
  3. I haven't followed it, but it's fascinating to read about how tough these people are. Yes, I've read about Balto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the people are tough and their dogs are tougher.

      Delete
  4. I don't even know what the Iditarod is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://iditarod.com/ Known as Iditarod The Last Great Race on Earth.

      Delete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com