Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, April 30, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

 NOL-NOC Estates is coming alive.  My daughter and her husband are taking advantage of the sunshine and spending clear days doing farm stuff.  Soon this little 10 acre farm that sits above the lake will be theirs.  They live 30 miles from me on the other side of the lake.

Yesterday my daughter not only planted, she also built a fence around the big garden all by herself.  The fence is to keep the deer out.  She also started preparing the old chicken house.  Soon little girls will dance all around with egg contributions. Meanwhile my son-in-law worked on the tractor and after he had it in tip-top shape he began to mow the field.

They brought their cowboy-corgi named Molly with them to spend the day with my BMC Frankie. Those two doggies ran and jumped from dawn to dusk. The work died down and Molly went home with her family.  I had to keep checking to see if Frankie was alive because she was exhausted and fell soundly asleep.

What did I contribute to the day?  I carried bottled water out to the kids and I fed them their lunch.  There was a moment I helped hold up the fence roll for my daughter but she sent me on my way very quickly.


They planted these little raised beds.  The RV is their farm office. They originally fenced this area for their dogs to visit Granny Annie.

Not sure why they brought in this gravel but it's ready for something.

Little fenced garden to keep the deer out.


7 comments:

  1. That's sure a lot of work, they'll be doing some amazing things out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really busy and productive day. I am sure they were grateful for the water and lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer can be one pain, when comes to gardening.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they can keep the deer out. Beautiful but pesky critters when it comes to wanting what we work so hard to grow (that goes for a lot of the other critters, too).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to enjoy watching this farm come alive via your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May all their dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com