Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, January 29, 2023

SUNDAY TALKING...

Our local Senior Citizens group serves meals every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  We deliver these meals or they may be ordered and picked up.  Many persons also dine in.  We have a group that we call early those three days to find out if they want a meal.  Our primary caller Mary fell and broke her femur.  I was ask to fill in calling while she recovered.  Of course I agreed to help.  Now Mary has returned and the other two callers have insisted that I fill in for them on a regular basis.  I don't want to ...I don't want to ...I don't want to ...But I will. 

9 comments:

  1. Do what is right for you. Which may include saying no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does she come back and you fill in just when the other two are absent or are you taking the girl's place? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned a long time ago the word NO. If you truly don't want to, tell them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No good deed goes unpunished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be strong - but weak when you feel it’s necessary

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't want to, so let them know it can't be a regular "count on me" thing. Let them know you can do it only in case of emergency. Femurs are the toughest bones in the body, that must have been a bad fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is reason for the word "No"
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very good advice above...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so difficult when it's for a good cause. I hope you can work this out in the way that is best for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com