Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY - 10-26-2022

 


This month the words/prompts are supplied by River of and can be found right here

This week's words/prompts are: 

1. study 2. exercise 3. gnome 4. cagier 5. fountain 6. super 7. enigma 8. sludge

and this image:



UNUSUAL BRIDGE by Granny Annie

There is no question that the floating bridge was an enigma. My daily trip to the beach was to study this floating bridge.  I had to wonder what people had the nerve to drive across.  It was my decision to try walking the length for exercise. There was a gnome statue with a fountain at either end of the bridge for walkers to cool off. I wanted to try it but the water spray on the ground created a lot of super sludge. Finally I learned a trick from another walker who was cagier than I. This walker wore high rubber boots for the walk and was ready for the muck around the fountains.

9 comments:

  1. This is a fun take on River's prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure gave us some good ones for October.

      Delete
  2. Such a unique use of those words and the picture. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti. Do you ever join the WFW?

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see such an unusual bridge. Good use of the prompts!

    You asked on my blog if i get the words ahead of time. No, i get them when everyone else does, unless i happen to be providing the prompts as i will be in November. Even then, i don't write a story and then pick words out of it. I use a random word generator or make lists well ahead and then chose every 3rd word or some such, so i am seeing them as a unit for the first time like everyone else right before i start writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I understand but I am going to check out a word generator. Just know you do a great job with your stories.

      Delete
  4. Nicely done. I'd be wearing rubber boots too for the sludge and in case the waves got a bit too high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your prompts for October and sorry I only got to writing up this last one.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com