Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Friday, March 18, 2022

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY ON FRIDAY - 03-18-2022

This month the words/prompts are supplied by River and can be found here


This week's words/prompts are:

1. a cloud of dust settled around him

2. slapped in the face with a wet fish

3. I bowed my head and wept

4. I didn't know what else to do


CONFUSED VIKING by Granny Annie

The Viking King Ragnar awoke in a daze. A cloud of dust settled around him. What had happened to this mighty warrior? He felt like the mischievous god Loki had slapped him in the face with a wet fish. If we told him the truth it would shame our mighty king, I bowed my head and wept. King Ragnar shook his head over and over until he awakened clearly. He demanded to know what had happened. It would be impossible to survive if we told him he had simply slipped and fallen. We agreed to tell him he had won a mighty war with a berserker who had appeared out of the woods. I didn't know what else to do. Our brave king was happy to have defeated a giant.

6 comments:

  1. Those big guys need to keep their pride so what's a little fib:) Nice job with the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story! In this case, flattery will get you everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, having recently watched the series Vikings, Ragnar was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have Netflix you should also watch The Last Kingdom and vikings of Valhalla

      Delete
  4. I love this Viking story. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com