Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, February 02, 2022

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY - 02-02-2022

 

This month, the prompts are being provided by C. Lee McKenzie.     

 

DING-DONG by Granny Annie

The heart-shaped box of chocolate-covered Valentine candy was in the back of my car. Garret the creep had given it to me as I was leaving the parking garage. I was completely flummoxed by his approach and did not feel a bit of delight. Not only because I was on a diet but also because it was from Garret. He was not a person I cared to encounter.

Valentine's Day had come and gone and I did not realize the box of now sticky candy was in the back seat of my car. The candy was tightly wrapped which was a good thing. Garret was waiting for me again as I was leaving the parking garage. I tried to avoid him as he approached me and halted my car. He had looked in my car and saw the abandoned gift he had given me. He was incensed and reached in to grab it. As he inspected this puffy stuffed box he squeezed it then cursed as drippy melted chocolate poured out over him.

Late that same evening I heard the doorbell. “Who in the world?” I thought . I could see it was Garret and I was ready for him.

That night crime scene tape surrounded my property. I had been prepared with my small 25 pistol as Garret had tried to push through my front door.

 

5 comments:

  1. This could be a true story, unfortunately. It's very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were prepared - and hope you will also post this to C. Lee Mckenzie's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, if only you had casually thrown a jacket over the back seat, he wouldn't have seen the abandoned box. still, stalkers get what they deserve in the end, don't they? Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you wounded him in a vital to him areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A dark turn to a Valentine's story!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com