Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, December 08, 2021

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY - 12-08-2021

 

Elephant's Child is closing out 2021 with prompts and she is giving us some great challenges.


Pounded

Pearl

Secret

Tense

Challenge

Human

and/or

Middle

Taken

Button

Rare

Intelligence

Praise


WEDDING STORY by Granny Annie

We kept our wedding plans a secret or at least we tried to. My job partner was a real challenge and one of the nosiest humans ever. She overheard our phone conversation and I pounded into her tiny brain the importance of keeping our secret. Her obvious career choice could never be intelligence work.

I met my beloved in the middle of the town square and we proceeded into the court house. We hoped for a certain judge to perform the ceremony but he had taken his Christmas vacation early. It was suggested we go to the small chapel and wait for the minister on-call. We smiled at each other and held hands tightly in this tense moment. The Unitarian minister showed up in a messy jogging suit with a button missing and a rare aroma of alcohol breath. He whipped out a quick wedding ceremony and gave us high praise in our selection of each other.

Several of my office staff was already on Christmas vacation so I had to return to work. We entered the office to a gathered group who applauded us with resounding cheer. My job partner had not kept the secret. The bank president sent me home and said they would be happy to cover for me this day.

We decided on the S&J Oyster Bar for our wedding celebration and my new spouse presented me with a pearl he found in one of his oysters. Perfect end to a beautiful and unusual wedding day.

10 comments:

  1. You are such a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - and I am glad that her work mate couldn't keep the secret. Getting the rest of the day off - and that pearl - was just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes smaller is better, and i'm glad she got the rest of the day off. Best wishes to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Elephant's Child, that was a good move by the work mate. You don't suppose she knew that the partner couldn't keep a secret? A good way to get the word out and not have to invite everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. A not so secret wedding and a pearl :) True story?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing is always interesting Granny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again you have won the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, lovely; both the story and the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did write one up and put them all in one sentence...not a story and then lost it somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com